How to Create a Cosy and Inspirational Space for both Living and Studying
Last week we were tasked by Student Roost to transform one of their ensuite rooms at Portsburgh Court in Edinburgh.
The brief: to create a cosy and inspirational space for both living and studying.
So where did we start? Every en-suite room comes with a three-quarter bed, storage, large study space with a desk, shelving and an office chair so we had a lot to work with.
However, we wanted to make the room feel like a real home so here’s the simple steps we took to do achieve that:
1. Tapestries are a great way to add texture to your wall.
2. Using a Mirror can really open up the room - We used one from TK Maxx to help achieve this.
3. We know students have a lot to remember so we found the perfect pinboard from Ikea to keep your notes and inspiration all in one place.
4. Bring a bit of home with some photo frames, we found these from Amazon. Like many student accommodations, you are not able to hang things directly on the walls so we decided to use 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips.
5. Create some warmth with Fairy Lights.
6. Rugs are also a great way to add texture and make any room feel cosy.
7. Plants are a great way to bring the outdoors inside.
8. Snuggle up in our 100% cotton touch duvets and pillows, luxuriously light and breathable you won't want to leave bed to go to University.
All our student bedding packs can be delivered straight to your new student accommodation meaning a great night sleep is just a click away.